Sunday, December 2, 2012

Classic Cabled Cowl







If you have not tried cables yet, this pattern is for you! It's simple with this big fat yarn and large needles!  It's so simple, in fact, that you'll wonder why you haven't tried them before.  I am the instructor for the Craftsy Workshop for Classic Cabled Cowl or you can purchase the pattern alone in my Etsy shop.  The workshop is on sale for $7.99 regularly $15.99 and the Etsy pattern is $5.00.  

You can whip these up for your family and friends as gifts in one evening! The same pattern will work for women, men and teens and uses just one skein of super bulky yarn!




The lighter yarn colors really show off your cable work!  The buttons really make it extra special.  No buttonholes here!  Just poke the buttons up through the cowl.  I suggest you take your finished cowl to the button store so you can see what it will look like.  




If you like the giganto buttons, purchase snaps, as the big buttons won't go through.  I am often asked where I purchase my buttons.  Hancock Fabrics, JoAnn Fabrics are two stores that carry a great selection.  There is a local store here in Omaha, that I like.....Mangelsen's, where I purchase most of them.

This is a great, affordable gift for everyone on your list.  Once you master this simple cable, you can tackle any pattern that uses them! 




Go for it!

17 comments:

  1. Ooh that is a beautiful cowl. Very cute!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I think picking out the buttons for the finished cowl is really the most fun part.

    Best,
    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome!!! Love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Happy day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cowl it looks so soft and squishy! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cowl! And the quickness is definitely attractive at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cowl is beautiful. I really love the addition of the leaf print buttons in your first photo. They add a nice touch to the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Picking out the buttons is the best part!

      sheila

      Delete
  7. I wish I knew how to knit because these are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, you can click on any of the Craftsy, sponsor boxes on the right to get to my Classic Cabled Cowl Tutorial! Super easy and I'm always available to help.

      Thanks for the kind words.

      Sheila

      Delete
  8. Wow - those cowls are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I love this cowl!! It is beautiful. Visiting from My Merry Messy Life.

    Jamie

    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cowl - very pretty. And perfect for someone like me who wants to try cables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. It really is so easy with fat yarn and big needles! After you make this cowl, you can tackle any cable pattern!

      Best,
      Sheila

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...