Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crocodile Stitch Shawl



I have had this pattern, by Bonita Patterns, in my Craftsy library just waiting for me to download. This was the month!  Three skeins of Patons Lace Bonfire completed this 2 row repeat pattern.  I really love the long runs of this particular yarn as it creates a spectacular effect!



You can find the pattern from Bonita Patterns on Ravelry.  You can also find it on Craftsy, here.  

Wonderful 2 row repeat pattern! Not for the newbie, however.  Once you get the hang of it, you can hook along, easily chatting with a fellow hooker, watching Downton Abbey or your fav program/movie!

I would suggesting going on YouTube and watching a video if this is your first attempt at crocodile stitch.  There are many to choose from, but I found this one to be the best.


 
I'm not sure you can complete the fringe on the pattern without another skein, so buy one extra than the pattern suggests.

My daughter snapped this up right away as orange is her favorite color!

See my latest pins below!
Best,
Sheila

30 comments:

  1. Woow, dat is veel werk geweest en erg mooie kleuren,
    Fijne dag verer Tineke
    bollies53.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute shawl in beautiful colours. I like crocodile stitch and bright colours. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make shawls. This one is beautiful. I'll be putting your site on the Counted Cross Stitch Blog Page at http://123craftcafe.com Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and adding me to your blog page.

      Sheila

      Delete
  4. Fabulous pattern, love the crocodile stitch and I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf! I love the stitch and the colors!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool stitch pattern! I love it! And the colors are spectacular. -- Kathy at http://www.needleandspade.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! I'm not quite ready for crocodile stitch yet... but I'm currently finishing up one "special request" crochet project, and then I'm finally through with requested stuff that I can start crocheting my first little yarn animal, which I'm excited about. It was a big reason why I taught myself to crochet this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is breathtaking! So beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up on Hookin on Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an amazing scarf, I'd love to knit something like that,

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! The colours and the design! I'm so glad you linked it up for Hookin on Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the color combination. I'll have to check out the pattern, been seeing this alot lately. Never heard of the stitch until a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty and colorful! I love the texture of the crocodile stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! Love the colors and everything else about this. I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply love this! Very nice color combination! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is seriously impressive! love the colours too!
    Inez, ineseda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on having the most clicked link on Hookin On Hump Day #33! http://www.mooglyblog.com/hookin-on-hump-day-33/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is AMAZING!!

    Thanks so much for linking up!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, this scarf is AMAZING! I saw it on Crochet Happy!
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, it looks amazing and I love the colors! Beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...