Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pom Pom Love


I love pom poms!  Actually, it might be that I love circles.  The soft edge of a circle.  The squishy goodness of a round yarn pom.  The circle of life, ring of fire....you get the idea!  I made this blanket for an up coming baby shower.  As I have been knitting and crocheting for years.....over 30.....I'm expected to give something hand made with love!  I confess, I'm happy to do it!  Above is my latest!


Light grey, worsted weight yarn from Hobby Lobby.  Three skeins of I Love This Yarn in light grey.  The pom pom yarn is from Herrschners called Pom Pom Parade, 2 skeins.  Now, I just went on their site and I did not see it!  Maybe they have discontinued that line, so you might have to do a little searching.


I used this pattern from my Craftsy pattern store.

I love the simple elegance of this stitch.  Looks great on both sides making the blanket reversible.  I also am a big fan of grey for babies.  I know, not your typical color choice, but modern moms love it!  Works great for a boy or a girl.

I included a hefty basket too!  I used this pattern from Crochet in Color and crocheted over the yarn between the poms as I went.  Really easy and no cutting of the yarn until the end.  I still need to line the basket with fabric which will help it stand upright.

I used a G/4.0mm hook for both the blanket and bucket.  On the blanket, the pom pom yarn is slip stitched all the way around and I secured the end with a needle and thread.  I love the finished products and I hope you do too!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week,
Sheila

My latest Pins

1 comment:

  1. Too gorgeous!Love both projects! Thanks so much for sharing.Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...