Thursday, March 28, 2013

Charmed Again Hitchhiker Scarf



Don't you just love a pattern that you use over and over again?  Sitting in your favorite knitting spot, a simple pattern at the ready, needles making their soothing, clacking noise.  Watching the yarn reveal itself as you complete row after row.  This is one of those patterns.

And one of those yarns.  I posted a few weeks ago about my yarn shop visits while on vacation in St. Louis, Missouri and Nashville, Tennessee.  Rachels Dyeabolical yarn is a dream to work with.  It is sock yarn, so it has great stretch and her dyeing skills really shine.


Shades of black, grey, brown and cream are perfect for me as those are the only colors in my closet.  Simple garter stitch make it an easy pattern and the little points keep you interested.


I'm a big fan of beads and charms and this is my second Hitchhiker using them.  You might recall my first charmed scarf here using worsted weight yarn and larger needles.  The beads and charms are knitted in as you go with the help of a little crochet hook.  You can also sew them on when you have finished the scarf.  I used 2 skeins of Dyeabolical Strong Arm Skinny sock in Queen's Tea.  400 yards in each skein.  US size 4 needles 32" circulars.

Here's a link to show the beading using a crochet hook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nrgyqwg2Lw
You can find the pattern if you visit Martina Behm on Ravelry.  She has a nice variety of patterns for all skill levels.  Hitchhiker is one of my favorites.

Have a great week,
Sheila

See my latest Pins below





11 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to What to do Weekends. Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. We have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Tuesday night through midnight Sunday. We also have a $50.00 Visa Gift Card Giveaway. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/03/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop_26.html
    We hope to see you there.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the browns and black shades in your wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hitchhiker is a beautiful pattern. I really love the colors in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your shawl and the colors. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful match of yarn and pattern. I find it tricky to pair heavily patterned yarns sometimes so this is good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I concur-great pattern. I love the addition of the beads. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is so gorgeous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up on Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that pattern and the beads are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...