Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lovely Shawlette

 Hover over photo to Pin

This is a bit fall"ish" for the highly awaited Spring, but I just love the colors.  I purchased this yarny goodness in St. Louis, Missouri while on a trip to visit cousins.  I stopped in a couple local yarn shops, because, a knitter/crocheter can't NOT stop by!  You can read about that here


Skeined Alive Dyed and Gone To Heaven in Stop Saying That is a lovely blend of greens, golds.  Just like the changing trees here in the USA in the fall. It is also is a superwash merino sock yarn.  Gorgeous autumn colors. I'm sorry I don't have a link for the yarn, but the yarn band did not have one!  What are they thinking?  Let me just pause my writing to see if I can find them online.......yea! Found her Etsy shop here.  She's got great names for her skeins too....No Eggscuses...Sugar Skulls...Exploding Police Box.
I did a HORRIBLE job of blocking this one.  The edge should have a little, soft ruffle.  I found it difficult to block.  Maybe one shouldn't pin a ruffle.  Just let it do its thing.  Next time.
Here's the back.  Now, the pattern.  It's 22 Little Clouds by Martina Behn.  AND it's FREE. I'd like to try this in a worsted weight with larger needles for a larger, more shawl like, scarf.  Maybe add some beads to the ruffle!  You lovely followers know how I like to add beads and charms to my knitwear!

Here's what Martina says:

"A beautiful shawlette with long ends that can be wrapped comfortably around your neck and secured with a little knot – that’s my new pattern „22 Little Clouds“. Simple, soft stockinette lets the fabric flow, and the tiny ruffle makes it look like a cloud. The two angles on the long ends only have 22.5 degrees (instead of 45 degrees that most knitted shawls feature), that’s what causes the long, skinny, symmetrical shape. Knit with 4.5 mm needles and DK yarn it can be finished in 2 or 3 cozy evenings on the sofa. Also suitable for beginners. 
If you prefer a larger or smaller shawlette, this pattern can be adapted to the amount of yarn you have: Just knit until 25% is left and start the ruffle."  

Have a lovely week,
Sheila

8 comments:

  1. This is pretty... I love that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shawl! and I think the blocking looks fine, if you want you can do it again. Off to check out the pattern now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great pick on the yarn and the shawl is beautiful

    Consider yourself hugged,
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-butterscotch-apple-fluff/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, both the yarn and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is beautiful! I love the colours of the yarn!
    Have a great new week! xBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colors are gorgeous and I love your projects! Thank you so much for linking up to Hookin On Hump Day again this week! I always look forward to seeing what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...