Saturday, May 11, 2013

January in Red Scarf


Hover over any photo to Pin

This scarf was a joy to knit!  I found a wonderful yarn in Nashville, Tennessee while on vacation this spring.  A lovely yarn shop called Bliss Yarns carries this huge 560 yards (512 m) skein of squishy, yarny goodness in gorgeous reds/blacks by Miss Babs.

Yowza-Whatta Skein in Awesome!  Superwash and hand painted without a knot in sight!

As I have not yet blocked this beauty, it's a bit difficult to see the little eyelet detail on the points.  The drape is perfect and I think it looks divine on my petite daughter.  If you are rather plump, like me, you will look awesome too!
You can see from the back, the points are just on the one side.  I very much like these types of patterns. No edging needed, great for the shoulders or just around the neck.  Something like this in cotton would be great for the summer months and air conditioned spots.
It's all garter stitch, but interesting enough with the eyelet points.  You can just see them on the left.  If you are a beginner knitter, you will enjoy this very much.  Easy to read pattern and very well written.  The name of the pattern is January Scarf and Annie Lee, the designer is available, too, for questions.  Always a plus!   She has a web site and is also on Ravelry, so you can save her pattern in your library.

Annie is also the designer for my Freesia in Gold I had posted about recently.  Another easy, well written pattern that was fun!  You can find it in her Ravelry shop as well.  Freesia is the name of that pattern.

Click here for the Ravelry pattern page
Click here for Bliss Yarns shop
Click here for Miss Babs yarn shop

The sun is finally shining here in the Midwest and we look for temps in the mid '80's all week!  Yea!

Have a great week,
Sheila

16 comments:

  1. Lovely scarf!! :) thanks for sharing! Stopping by from HOHD party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely scarf - that colour is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful red scarf -- wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color on the yellow scarf!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I almost gave it away as a gift, but decided I needed to hang on to it myself! :) I don't keep many finished items for myself. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. love love love that red! it looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, that is my daughter, Zoe, modeling. I'm the "fluffy" one on the right hand sidebar! ;)

    Best,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is beautiful, the color and the pattern, very well matched!

    ReplyDelete
  8. is cool skarf!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/2013/05/gift-set-earrings-and-pendant.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, think I've seen that pattern, or one similar but didn't remember the name. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila,
    this is absolutely gorgeous - both the beautiful yarn/color and the pattern!
    Also, thank you a ton for the sweet comment you left on my Bohemian headband! Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I just started crocheting, saw the thumbnail on the Redfly Creations link party and was crossing my fingers it was a crochet pattern. Oh well, it's still beautiful and the beauty added some brightness to my Sunday morning! :)

    Best Wishes,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects, as always! Thanks for linking up on Hookin On Hump Day again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...