Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Karen's Carnival Scarf


Hover over any photo to Pin

Sometimes when I look at yarn, I love the colors, but it ends up staying in my stash for quite some time.    I had this Fiesta Baby Boom in Harlequin (photo below) I bought in the Craftsy Yarn Shop.  I just loved all the colors, even though my closet is nothing but grey, black, white and cream!  Alas, unless you already have this yarn, or can find someone that has it in their stash, you won't be able to find it.  I have looked everywhere on the internet.  No luck!  Try Fiesta's web site here.

It is a bit difficult to see what a yarn looks like until you "cake" it or knit/crochet it.  But, isn't it gorgeous?  Who would know the hank above would look like the scarf?
I made this scarf for my very good friend, Karen.  We have known each other since 1970 and she is the only person I have known longer than I have know my own family.  We have lived apart from each other since 1974, but have kept in touch with each other all these years.  Marriage, babies, deaths, reunions and vacations.  The older I get, 54 this week, the more I cherish people in my life.
I have to sneak in this pic of some fabulous yarn I bought today in the Craftsy Yarn Shop!  Jeez, I can't hardly wait for it to arrive.  Well, I guess it gives me time to find just the right pattern!  Speaking of patterns, the FREE scarf pattern belongs to a fellow Ravelry knitter Terhi Montonen.  Follow the Rav project page for the pattern here.

Best,
Sheila

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness yum! To both of those yarns. I must say, the first hank is quite deceiving. I don't think I would have bought it like that if I didn't know how beautiful it would turn out as a project. I love the colors in this post... Consider yourself pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pin! I wish every yarn company would place a picture of the yarn knitted/crocheted in a swatch....they would sell more yarn if they did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawl with a gorgeous yarn! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf is a beauty! Your friend must be very happy with it. Love the yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsa! (Is that a word?) Your scarf is so beautiful. Love that riot of colours. Your friend is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I can't wait to see that sparkly yarn knitted up. Knitting a variegated yarn is always a little bit of an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, beautiful scarf! And I can't wait to see what you do with that sparkly yarn! Thanks so much for linking up on Hookin On Hump Day this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very nice. I think, I need one too :) And I totally agree, you have to hold on to true friends, they are hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...