Sunday, June 9, 2013

Artyarns Scarf

Hover over any photo to Pin or

If you remember back when I posted about Karens Carnival Scarf, I had purchased some Artyarns Mohair Splash.

Gorgeous is all it's yarny, beady goodness!  I bought one skein in the 904 Berry Bliss with silver beads color at the top.  You can find it in the Craftsy Yarn Shop , AND it comes with a FREE set of 8 scarf, shrug and shawl patterns!   It really is a beautiful silk and mohair yarn with beads already worked in.
I did not use one of the free patterns, but did a little simple design of yarn overs at the sides and stockinette stitch throughout.  My daughter loves this little scarflette!  The beading is spread out intermittently....not too much or too little.  It's unbelievably soft as well.
This is only one skein at 165 yards (150 meters) and a size US 9 needle.
I added a little button from my stash that matched perfectly and my standard "made with love" sterling silver charm.  These are sewn on the end points to keep the scarf together as it is a bit slippery to keep on otherwise.  If you have a shawl pin or a cute brooch, that would look great too!
Here's a not-so-great-photo of the beading.  I think there are just enough of them and they look like stars in a midnight sky to me!

Well, there you go!  A great yarn to make something special for yourself or someone special in your life.

Click here to purchase the yarn

Have a great week,
Sheila




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...