Monday, June 10, 2013

Boneyard Shawl

Hover over any photo to Pin or


Knitting God, Stephen West. Need I say more? Super simple pattern with spectacular results!
I knitted with worsted weight yarn and a larger needle than the pattern suggested as I had this yummy Knit Picks Simply Cotton Worsted in Golden Harvest just waiting for a project.

The perfect shade of orange to blend with spring time rains and the colors of changing leaves in the fall.
Nice oversized scarf/shawl in cotton can carry you through many seasons.


This is the perfect project to get you started with Stephen’s wonderful designs. Simple but has some interest with the garter stitch rows.
I’d make another shawl for sure. Maybe some semi solid, hand painted, fingerling weight for the stockinette stitch and some not so attractive fingerling for the garter stitch rows. We all have a skein of that stashed. You’ve tried making something with it and ripped it out! Or you have a half skein of something. Try it in this pattern from my favorite Knitting God!




Click here for Craftsy's Top Free Mini Courses

Be sure to follow me on bloglovin as I have changed from Google Reader
Follow on Bloglovin

Best,
Sheila

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...