Saturday, August 24, 2013

Baby Boom Vanilla Baktus



I know that many of you recognize this pattern from Ravelry.  I love it too.  Easy, FREE pattern with spectacular results!  If you follow my blog, you might recall that I knitted this up in bright colors for my friend Karen....Karen's Carnival Scarf, which she LOVED, by the way, yay!

This one I am keeping for myself.  I can't wait for cooler weather and my new jeans!  The 9" fringe is SO worth the effort.  Easy garter stitch pattern in gorgeous shades of caramel, vanilla, robins egg blue and cream.  I used size US 7 (4.5 mm) on 32" (81 cm) circulars.  Two skeins Fiesta Baby Boom in Vanilla.  Approximately 440 yards (402 meters) each skein in fingerling weight.

I purchased this gorgeous yarn in the Craftsy Yarn Shop.  It might be sold out, but you can find lots of options in there supply store.  This is a great time of year to find fabulous sales in all the yarn shops.

Here is Karen's Carnival Scarf in Fiesta Baby Boom Harlequin.

Click here for the link to Ravelry pattern

Click here for the Craftsy Yarn Shop

Click here for a nice substitute yarn from Craftsy

Have a great week,
Sheila
Yarn tip

* Use all those tote bags you’ve accumulated but hate to toss out as project bags! Keep everything all in one place for each project!
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Sheila! I fell in love with the second scarf! So pretty colours and I like the fringe!
    Olga Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't decide if I like the colourful version or the more neutral one best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both. The neutral one looks SO much better in person. You can really see the vivid colors and detail. I am not the greatest of photographers.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...