Saturday, May 31, 2014

Knitting a Technicolor Checks Blanket


Hello my lovely followers!  I have completed my Knitting In Technicolor series with the final blanket and I've added a hat!  I have so enjoyed designing these bright and colorful blankets.  After the huge success of the Crochet in Technicolor series, and many emails, I've designed three blanket knitting patterns and a coordinating hat to the line.


Knitting Checks in Technicolor is a super easy, 6 row repeat, pattern.  I've added fringe to two sides (directions are included in the pattern), but you can add any border you like.  If you crochet, a simple single crochet edge would be lovely.  Or a shell stitch!  Seventeen skeins or worsted weight (4) yarn will knit up all three blankets and a matching hat.  


This hat is perfect for the beginner just starting out with circular needles.  No double point needles needed as there are no decreases!  A couple tassels instead of a bow for the boys would be cute, to match the fringe of the blanket!


Bright, cheerful and so much fun to knit with all these colors!  I get so many compliments at baby showers when I gift something from my Technicolor series.  It really makes me feel so warm inside.  


Would it be too much if I did a pastel series?  I think I will.  How cute would that be for spring time?  Maybe something in all blue pastels for boys and pink for girls!  A gender neutral blanket in shades of creams, soft greys and turquoise!  My mind is churning right now!  I'll have to jot that down and get to a yarn shop!


I've put together a bundle pattern set of all three blankets and the hat.  You can knit all of these with the 17 skeins of yarn and still have some left over!  The patterns, sold separately, are $5.00 each.  The bundle is $15.00.  That saves you $5.00!  Each pattern is very easy and perfect for the beginner who is ready to move on from scarves!  The bundle is only available in my Etsy shop.  

I know when you hear "seventeen skeins" you think about the cost, however, four blankets and a hat comes out to less than $18.00 a project.


I also have one hat kit available in my Etsy shop for $12.00.


Everything you need to complete your own knitted Technicolor Hat! 

You get:
*Enough acrylic yarn to complete the newborn or 0-6 months size hat
*One printed pattern 
*One red bow
*One project card
*One stitch marker





Well, there you have it!  If you would like to purchase any of my patterns in the Technicolor series, knitting or crochet, you can find them:




or click on any of my shops at the top of this post!

Have a great week,
Sheila
Yarn tip:


9 comments:

  1. Your technicolor blankets have definitely been fun to look at! If only I had the time to make another blanket right now... They take me so long to make.
    Beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, thank you for the kind words. Some blankets take me quite a bit of time too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog is lovely. I'll try that bread recipe!

      Delete
  3. Hello

    Lovely projects - the colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the rainbow colours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...