Thursday, June 19, 2014

Mohair Blanket With Daisies


Do you ever knit or crochet something and think..."It's cute", but I want it to be REALLY cute!
This was one of those projects.  It happens to me all the time, whether I'm painting, upholstering, knitting, crocheting or whatever, I think, well, I don't really like it that much.  When I think that, it just means it's not finished.


So I added some daises!  I whipped these up in about 15 minutes or so with a Daisy Loom!  The yarn is lovely and from Mary Maxim called Seasons in Winter.  Two skeins, a J hook and one skein of some leftover Patons Lace in Vintage Antique for the edge.


I used my signature wooden button from Etsy for a center, but any store bought button would be darling.


I just tacked them on through the center with the yarn tail.  Scattered about like they had fallen on the blanket.


Some in the colored yarn and some in the solid.


So lightweight and pretty.  You could use any of your leftover mohair in various colors and it still would delight.


I've had this loom since the ice age!  I'm not sure they make them out of brass any longer, but I think you should still be able to find one in your local craft store.


They take about 30 seconds to make just one!  You turn the knob on the back so the spokes pop out, wind your yarn...


secure the petals with the tail...


turn the knob to retract the spokes...


and off pops the daisy!



I'm heading away for a hen weekend (girls weekend) tomorrow for some much needed girl time with a bestie!
I hope you are doing something fun and yarny!

Best,
Sheila
Yarn tip:
Ripping out mohair type yarn is a pain, to say the least.  Here's what I do to make the job much easier.  

Put your finger in the space between the stitches...


pull down...


then up.  Do the same all along the row.  It goes much faster!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket!!! I love the daisies details! Thanks for sharing :)
    Would love to have you visit me sometime :)
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! And it must be very nice and soft to touch. I love the color combination and the daisies are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olga! I'm afraid my photos don't due it justice as the colors are really gorgeous, but my lighting was not!

      Delete
  3. The daisies make all the difference! The blanket really turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I can't even imagine how soft it is! Love the daisies. Perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, those daisies are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour combination you chose and the daisies are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...