Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hat In The Box


Just LOOK at these cute boxes I found at a local thrift store!
I squealed with delight.  Little log boxes perfect for gift giving a hat for a boy.  They were $2.00 each and in excellent shape.

I thought of my technicolor hats right away, especially this one with the felt owl.  A little owl in the woods!   Little boy things are rather difficult to find, so when I stumble across something, I have to have it!


Perfect fit!  Must add tissue for the professional touch.


It is a paper mache box with these log like papers decoupaged on it.  Just too cute and very well done.  If you were so inclined, you could do this design right on a box with paint or markers.  I would suspect a triangle box is hard to find, but you could do the same thing on a round box.

I get many invitations to baby showers, and often times the gift is one of my baby blankets.  Sometimes, however, a smaller gift is required and this packaging makes a simple hat extra special!  No gift bag for this one!


I might whip up one of my little toy owls to add to the "log"!  Maybe do it in grey and orange to match the felt piece.

Find all my pattern stores at the top of this page.

Best,
Sheila

Yarn tip:
When traveling by plane, I don't bring along a pair of scissors for fear they will be confiscated.  I keep an empty dental floss container in my knit kit to cut yarns ends instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...