Saturday, October 18, 2014

Holiday Knitting & Crocheting Part 4


Holiday knitting and crocheting sweaters might not be the quickest, but they are so worth the time and effort.  This ruby beauty is from Amy Miller Lovely and sophisticated.  It is worked up flat using fingering weight yarn.  I love the ribbed detail and swing design at the bottom.  The pattern is available on Ravelry.


This Autumnal Cardigan pattern by Hannah Fettig on Ravelry was originally published in Knitscene and is also available in French.  I love the color of this Berroco sport weight yarn.  The rolled collar design is one of my favorites.  The perfect sweater to wear curled up in your favorite chair with a cup of tea!


This Crochet Motif Wrap, on Craftsy, is from Vogue Knitting.  Beautifully designed by Kathy Merrick using crocheted motifs and joined together as you go.  Perfect on any body shape and a great use of your yarn scraps.  


This coat is from Crochet Today.  I love the front detail, large collar and big buttons!  If you keep all your issues as I do, find the pattern in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue.  I believe the magazine is not in print any longer, but you might be able to purchase back issues online.


If you are in need of baby sweaters, this sweet pattern is from Kelly Brooker on Ravelry.  Newborn Vertebrae uses fingering weight yarn and the pattern is free and uses only 200 yards!  Yippee!  It's a frontless cardi, so more like a shrug with a long back and oh so cute.  I love the frontless idea as it keeps spit-up off the sweater.


This last one is my own design especially for the beginner.  It is knit flat, in garter stitch, in pieces and seamed up at the end.  No button holes as the buttons are just pushed through to the front.  Choosing buttons is my favorite part of this project.  Take the sweater with you when you pick them out.  Selecting the right button is key for pushing through and the button detail makes all the difference on this simple sweater.

That's is for Holiday Knitting and Crocheting Part 4.  Toys are up next time!  

Have a great week,
Sheila

Find all my patterns in my


Crafty shop


or go to the top of this page and find them in the header.

Yarn tip:
Get yourself some labels or buttons for projects, especially if you are gifting an item.  


I use custom buttons from RemberWynn on Etsy


and labels from Tags and Labels on Etsy

3 comments:

  1. I so wish I could knit sweaters like that! I love the first one! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely time to think about projects for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great projects! It's definitely cardi time weather.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...