Tuesday, March 10, 2015

New Pattern - Bunny Toy


As you can see, this crocheted bunny and blanket is my logo.  It has been for about 12 years.  I have had many requests over the years to write up the pattern for the bunny and I thank you for the love!  

The Bunny Toy pattern is for sale here 

Etsy
and

The blanket pattern is also available in all my pattern stores and is titled Uptown Stroller Blanket.  

The Uptown Stroller Blanket pattern is for sale here

and 


Many times I have given the set as a gift for a new baby is all sorts of different colors.  The set would be cute presented in an Easter basket.  The Bunny Toy is super easy to crochet and I love adding ribbon to the neck that matches the yarn color.


Long, floppy ears and a faceless face, as it were, is my favorite.  Simple and classic.  I love the old fashioned look of it.  One color, no face and simple construction.  The ribbon is what "makes it".  Wide is better than narrow here.  If all you have is rather skimpy, just double it up and then tie it on.

Be sure to remove the ribbon before giving to baby as it might present a choking hazard. 


You construct  a tube for the body, a round head (fill with fiberfil) and two ears then just put it all together.  Easy peasy!  

I have written the pattern for the beginner, using worsted weight (4) yarn and spelled out the instructions.  Meaning, no abbreviations....
"single crochet" instead of "sc"

Terms are in both American and UK.

You can certainly embroider  a face or add plastic eyes if you wish.  It's totally up to you.

Have a great week,
Sheila

Yarn tip:
When knitting or crocheting toys for little ones, use small needles or hook to get a tight finished product.  You don't want the fiberfil to show or poke through.

8 comments:

  1. The bunny toy is very cute. I looks like it would work up quickly. I like the fact that it has no face, and looks classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. I wouldn't add plastic eyes for a child though, only embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunny toy - very traditional looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bunnies are adorable! Perfect gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from the Yarn Fanatic Linky party. This is SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cute little Bunny Toy! Thank you so much for sharing it at our last Yarn Fanatic Linky Party! I have chosen it as one of my EyeLoveKnots Yarn Favorites, and featured it in this week's party. You can find it here - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/03/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-29.html.
    Hope you'll stop by to party with us again soon!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...