Monday, May 25, 2015

New Pattern - Jam on Toast Blanket


 
My new blanket pattern is ready for purchase!  Whoo hoo!
Don't let the leafy border fool you, this is perfect for the beginner.



Colors of jam spread on toast is the inspiration for this squishy blanket! Super simple garter stitch and worsted weight yarn make for cozy knitting, sipping tea and eating jam on toast.


Gorgeous colors of plums, grays and neutral creams make the sage green border really stand out.


Great beginner project and equally fun for the more experienced one. Easy, leafy border can be memorized in no time. 



Lovely even without the border.


Super simple border, I promise!


Measurements: 40” W by 84” L (101cm W x 213cm L) This is a large blanket and would easily fit a twin (single) sized bed.

You need:
Needle:
US 8 (5mm) 32” circular or longer. Circular needles are used to accommodate the weight of the blanket. You will be knitting back and forth as you would on straight needles.

Yarn:
I Love This Yarn by Hobby Lobby; 7 oz (199gms); 355 yds(325m), or any worsted weight (4) yarn will work. For my overseas knitters, this is Aran weight for you. I used 10 colors.

Find the pattern in my


Have a great week,
Sheila

Purl of Wisdom:
Knitting or crocheting a border you like on a blanket?  Think of adding it to the edge of your next scarf or shawl!  Just follow the same pattern instructions using the yarn weight of your scarf or shawl.

8 comments:

  1. Great colors!! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best name for a blanket and I don't even like jam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket I love the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I popped over to your blog and tried to get to your website, but a "Forbidden server" message stopped me. It might be my pc...thought you would like to know.

      Delete
  4. I believe you about the border, but it does look complicated to this beginner knitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise you, if you can slip a stitch, knit, purl and yarn over...you can do it! I'm always available to help with any of my patterns.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...