Thursday, August 6, 2015

Back to School Projects


When my daughter was little, I loved this time of year....back to school.  Fall weather on the way, a couple new outfits and new school supplies, which always annoyed me to no end!  If you go to a public school in the USA, no one, not even the teachers, should be purchasing school supplies, it's a public school.  I've even had to pay book fees.  I don't know when all this started, but it was never like that when I was going to school.  

I digress....let's get back to some fun!  I found some fun back to school projects.  This lunch box is super cute!  You could easily change up the colors for a boy.


So is this backpack I found on Ravelry.  Just adorable.


When my daughter was in school, a scarf for teacher was easy to whip up and always welcome.


I knit many of these for college bound students in my neighborhood.  You can find the free pattern for the slouchy hat on Ravelry.  


I have also made some Arm Warmers for students and teachers alike.  Male teachers would like these as well in a brown, gray or black combo.  Here is my pattern on Ravelry.  You can also find it in my Etsy and Craftsy shops.


This cute owl basket for teacher is darling for their desk.  You could also fill it with treats! 


This is handsome for a male teacher or student.  I love the composition book-like style of it.

Are you working on any back to school projects?  I'd love to read about them.

Best,
Sheila

Purls of Wisdom:
When knitting or crocheting for children of any age, keep it simple, fast and inexpensive.  Things tend to get lost, misplaced and banged up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...