Sunday, February 21, 2016

Garland Scarves Pattern

 
If you follow me on instagram (button on the right side of this post), you've followed my progress on these crocheted Garland Scarves.   On a recent trip to Washington, DC, our nations capital here in the USA, the Cherry Blossom trees were in full bloom.  The view was spectacular!  I ran across the photos we took and was inspired to design a garland scarf.
Once I got started, I couldn't stop!


Cherry Blossom Garland Scarf
Super easy, three skein pattern for the advanced beginner or better.   So easy pink cherry blossoms and simple green leaves all together with a basic brown stem with branches.  Oh, and you can get more than one scarf from your three skeins.  We all love those kinds of projects.  I must tell you, I loved making the stem and little branches so much.  So much so, I made two more scarves in two different color ways.


On the Cherry Blossom Scarf, the leaves are crocheted right on the branches and the blossoms are crocheted separately and attached later.  If you look closely, some of the branches are bare and some have tiny buds.  You have total control on how many flowers, buds and leaves you want on your scarf. 



I give you lots of photos and tips and I'm always available if you have any questions.
 

I like it even without any flowers!
 

Roses are Red Garland Scarf
So, after I completed the first one, I made another in two colors...taupe and red.  It's tough to photograph red, but let me tell you, the colors are amazing together!

I adore this one.  Simple roses and buds with larger leaves that are just slightly more challenging to crochet.  I've put the bulk of the flowers on the ends of the scarf this time and made fewer leaves.  Of course, you can crochet as many as you like and place them anywhere you like.  Same stem and branches. 


This photo shows the taupe a little better.  


It looks a little grey here, which also would be fabo!
 


Nice in Neutral Garland Scarf
And because not everyone loves color, a neutral garland, that goes with everything.  Oh, and by the way, if you make it in all one color....this is a one skein project!  
I give you all the information you need.  Yarn:  Lion Brand Heartland in 6 colors.  The pattern for the stem/branches, leaves, cherry blossoms, roses and buds.   Lots of instructional photos and tips.


Oh,  and feel free to mix and match as you wish....



You can also use buttons instead!  These are from Joann Fabrics.


Or store bought felt pieces.  I found these for 66% off at Hobby Lobby, in the Valentine isle.
 

I hope you like them as much as I do.  Here's where you can find the pattern:




Have a great week,
Sheila

Purls of Wisdom:
Keep a luggage tag on your project bag in case it gets left at the coffee shop, doctors office or airplane.  This is my favorite project bag....from Bloomingdale.



3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...