Monday, February 15, 2016

Turn Drab to Fab


Happy Monday all!  I'd like to share with you something I'm working on for our church fundraiser.  Every year during lent, All Holy Spirit Greek Orthodox Church, has a fish fry, just like many churches across the country.  Our young people do a bake sale during this event as well.  You know, cookies, brownies, Rice Crispy Treats and such.  I usually donate something savory like seasoned pretzels...


 or crusty bread.  I like to add the recipe and our church business card.  
What does this have to do with knitting?  Well, the woman in charge of the sale put out a cowl she crocheted and someone bought it.  Now, no knitter or crocheter can resist an opportunity to donate there work, right?  Fingerless mitts are the perfect project for that.


I'm whipping up some neutral mitts and adding a removable embellishment.  I think it really takes the mitts from drab to fab.  By making the flower removable, it allows the mitts to go to a male or female.


Stitch the embellishment to a barrette and you're done.


What knitting or crochet items do you like to donate?

Have a great week.  Here's a sneak peek at a new scarf pattern I'm working on...


Wait until you see, three variations.  One for the beginner, one for the advanced beginner and one to slightly challenge yourself!

Best,
Sheila

Purls of Wisdom
This is my favorite project bag.  I found this plastic beauty years ago at a Bloomingdale's in New York.  It's the perfect size for knitting or hooking on the go. I keep a luggage tag on it and all my project bags....just in case I leave it at the coffee shop, doctors office or the airplane.


2 comments:

  1. I love your project bag. The luggage tag is a great idea too! Have fun with your knitting. I am visiting from Yarn Along. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...