Monday, April 11, 2016

Organizing a Knitters Closet


Happy Monday!  What is it about spring that makes you want to clear things out?  A burst of energy after a long, cold winter?  For me, it's just that.  So, I tackled the closet in my knitting studio that was my daughters room.  The above photo is the after.  I don't know why I didn't take a before photo....ah well.


Amish baskets filled with needles and various tools like pom pom makers, purse handles, beaded fringe, plastic eyes and noses for knitted/crocheted toys, etc.
Blocking board puzzle pieces, totes bags filled with WIPS, piles of arm warmers and hats ready for gift giving, bags of yarn and.....
 

plastic bins filled with finished scarves and hats.  
I bought two, six section laminated cube cases from Shopko, on sale for $40 each.  Super easy to put together and in a yummy chocolate color.


My table was so full of stuff I couldn't actually use it to block a scarf, lay out fabric for cutting or set up my swift and winder to cake any yarn!


I have quite a bit of photo props.  Fabric for background use, Styrofoam heads, sock blockers, mannequins, dress forms and oh, magazines I keep for a long time.  I love looking through them for inspiration!


I hate that bit of space on the sides that are so hard to get to, however, it works out great for holding clear bags filled with completed fingerless mitts, cowls and hats.  I try to use clear "vessels" every chance I get.  I like to see where everything is.  You can buy fabric cubes that fit perfectly in the cubes and keep things neat and tidy, but then you can't see what's in them.



I love these plastic baskets, by Curver, that look knitted.  Found them at Target.


 A place for everything.

Have a great week,
Sheila

Purls of Wisdom:
I'm a sucker for a cute tin!  I found this one at the Dollar Tree that held a fifty piece puzzle.  It's perfect for a "knit kit".  The little rectangular thingy on the right is a pill box, also from the Dollar Tree.  I put some of my business stickers (from Moo.com) on them to cover up the days of the week.



1 comment:

  1. Ending up my busy season and ready to tidy up a lot of places here. You've done a great job on your closet! I moved a bunch of my fabric last year, so that it was neat, but I could SEE what I had to work with and that is a huge inspiration and help! Great baskets from Target. I'll have to look for something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...